The following resources are available in the East Midlands. Why not something similar in the West Midlands?
East Midlands Restorative Justice Directory
The East Midlands Restorative Justice Directory brings together information about restorative justice service providers from across the region.
The website has been developed with support from De Montfort University through Higher Education Innovation Funding.
East Midlands Restorative Justice Forum
The East Midlands Restorative Justice Forum was established in March 2020 as a professional network without legal entity, welcoming professionals, academics, students, and members of the community who are interested in the delivery of restorative justice services within and outside of the criminal justice system.
The Forum adopts a collaborative and open approach to enable the development of high-quality restorative justice services for people affected by crime or conflict and provides a platform where members and guests can exchange knowledge and develop new ideas that improve practice. The Forum’s objectives are to:
- Provide an opportunity for restorative providers and practitioners to network.
- Facilitate the mapping of current restorative justice delivery across East Midlands, and periodically identify potential strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to restorative justice provision in the region.
- Raise awareness relating to the management of data protection and privacy compliance across the membership of the Forum.
- Facilitate the promotion and sharing of best practice in RJ delivery, the generation of new ideas, and to provide access to experts for serious and complex cases.
- Identify opportunities for greater sharing of training and development opportunities.
- Ensure the efficient and effective use and development of referral pathways, using the Forum as a central point of access.
- Seek to remove obstacles to successful service delivery through collaborative working.
- Create an open dialogue on how best to improve and add value to existing restorative justice delivery.
- Identify ways to improve the quality and quantity of restorative justice services available to victims, offenders and other people affected by crime.
- Provide a platform to receive and share feedback from providers and partners about the operation of Forum members.
Membership of the Forum is open to all existing restorative justice providers across the East Midlands, whether or not they focus on victim or offender led interventions, or other categories of people affected by crime. We also issue invitations to representatives from the criminal justice system across East Midlands, and to community and faith groups and other services such as social care, education, health etc.
If you would like to actively engage in the work of the Forum, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
The East Midlands RJ Knowledge Hub provides links into information, tools and case studies.
EMRJ Briefing Series
EMRJ Briefing Series began in May 2020 by publishing Issue 1: A Brief Overview of Restorative Justice Across Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland.
The East Midlands Restorative Justice Briefing Series aims to become a space where members of the Forum look at specific issues that concern the provision of restorative justice services in the East Midlands region and make recommendations that can contribute to the development of good practice.
Everyone with an interest in restorative justice in the East Midlands is welcomed to get in touch and share their thoughts and ideas about potential next issues by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.