Coventry Restorative Justice Forum are a group of people who are passionate about RJ and want everyone in the city to be aware of it and have the opportunity of accessing an RJ procedure if and when they need it.
We include members of the Coventry Lord Mayor’s Committee for Peace & Reconciliation, members of staff from Coventry and Warwick Universities, the Police, Probation, Prison and Youth Offending Services and teachers from several schools in Coventry.
Our original aims were to:
- find out what provision for RJ was already available within the city
- raise the profile of RJ among the public
- make RJ more available and more consistent across all providers.
A lot has happened since we began.
We started in 2018 by running a mapping exercise to find out who is providing RJ within the city, and we reported back our findings at the conference we organised in November that year.
Funding ran out in 2018 for the team led by Claire Elwell within Coventry Police Service, who were providing RJ services to the city, and the service closed.
In 2019 the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner established the West Midlands RJ Hub and they began to recruit and train volunteers.
At the time of writing in 2020, Claire is once more providing RJ services in Coventry and has a team of volunteers.
To join the forum please complete the form below and tick the box at the bottom. If you join the Forum we will add you to our message group so you will be able to follow and participate in our email discussions. You can unsubscribe at any time.
You can use the form below to join Coventry Restorative Justice Forum, or to just ask a question or give us your feedback.
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Barbara Tudor wins Butler Trust Award
- Clifford Grimason
- Coventry Restorative Justice Conference 2019
- Coventry Restorative Justice Forum
- CovRJ Forum Meeting with Pervez Akhtar
- Groups Visited
- Presentation to Coventry North East Constituency Labour Party
- Report on Coventry RJ Conference 2019
- Report on Restorative Justice Conference
- Visit to Restorative Justice Initiative